How Can I Legally Change My Name in Florida?
In order to obtain a name change in Florida, you need to:
- Fill out a Paperwork-often called a petition.
- Pay a filing fee in the jurisdiction you live.
- The judge will sign an order granting your petition.
- You will need to update items like driver’s licenses, passports, bank accounts, and so on.
Who Needs a Name Change?
People obtain name changes for many reasons, including:
- You didn’t get one during a divorce proceeding that is now completed.
- You have changed your sex.
- You have changed your sexual identity.
- You just want a new name.
When can you change your name?
Right now and in the future. Name changes can be started at any time of the year. The quicker you can complete your paperwork and file, the quicker the process will go.
How we can help.
The Law Firm of Joseph (Joel) Lipinski) is here to help you with all your questions regarding getting your name changed.