Can I really get divorced for $ 500?
Yes you can. BUT, you must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- You and/ or your spose must have lived in Florida for a least six months before filing for divorce (dissolution) In Florida
- You and your spouse agree that the marriage cannot be saved.
- You and your spouse have no minor or dependent child(ren) together, the wife does not have any minor or dependent children born during the marriage, and the wife is not now pregnant.
- You and your spouse have worked out how the two of you will divide the things that you both own (your assets) and who will pay what part of the money you both owe (your liabilities), and you are both satisfied with this division.
- You are not seeking support (alimony) from your spouse, and vice versa.
- You are willing to give up your right to trial and appeal.
- You and your spouse are both willing to go into the clerk’s office to sign the petition (not necessarily together).
- You and your spouse are both willing to go to the final hearing (at the same time).
6 month Florida residency requirement
IF you and your spouse can answer YES to all of the above, then you qualify for a $ 500 simplified divorce.
If you qualify, then the next step is to contact attorney Joseph Lipinski at 727-643-8964 or email at email@example.com
Next provide all the above information and your attorney will draft all the documents needed and file them. Note you must pay the filing fee as well, which is about $ 400.00.
The Court will review your documents and give you a court date.
You and your spouse with then have to attend a brief court hearing where the judge will ask you questions and then sign the divorce papers. Congratulations, you are now divorced!
Frequently asked questions?
What if I a have a question about the paperwork?
Attorney Lipinski will work with you to correctly complete the paperwork?
What is a filing fee?
Whenever you file a court case there is an associated fee paid to the court that is non-refundable.
How long does this process take?
Once the case is filed, it typically takes 30 days to get an order of divorce.
You can get a divorce for $ 500 plus court costs if you meet the requirements above. Attorney Joel Lipinski will complete the paperwork, file and attend the court hearing with you.
If you have any questions about your legal matter, please don’t hesitate to call us today at 727-643-8964 or at joelipinskiattorney.com.